Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The garden, even less so

Happy Father's Day to all those super Tatas out there who love love love their children and care for and nurture their partners. We love you!!

OK. I know what we need to do to protect the garden, but Chris couldn't get to the fence yesterday and - you guessed it - we lost about a third of the bean plants, most of one of the tomato plants (including all its juicy tomatos), and some zucchini and squash plants. I'm just about to lose my mind to these deer! They just walked right over the bunny fence, because they could. Time to get serious about deer control. I'm thinking about peeing around the perimeter. At least, as Louise mentioned, I don't have to worry about bears. Oh man.

Strategies:
Fence.
Stinky human smell
??

Suggestions welcome.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dad used to hang bars of soap around the garden, to give of that sinky human smell. I'm guessing you could get some variety of soap that wouldn't hurt the groundwater. Also, marigolds keep bunnies away, don't they? We used to plant those on the perimeter of our garden as well.

    Those are all of my ideas. Sorry to hear about the bunny brigade....

    Lynette

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya cun set yersef on the back stoop wit yer shotgun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home