Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

20 minutes

We visited our pals down in Lockport, and came home utterly exhausted. Ugh. And then, Chris worked all day the next day (poor guy), and left for a two-day conference the day after that (today). I'm through with his damned work.

Pearl now says "kitty kitty kitty", learned by her extreme joy upon watching Walter, the lads in Lockport's fat cat.
Lola is indeed interested in traveling there again.
We got to see the lavender hedge and eat yummy ice cream.
We also got to see the strange folks at the park. Another day - remind me to tell you all about the mama and her 40.

And today, I took Lola to her yoga class. In general, I'm not a fan of yoga classes. For many people, it's simply trendy, and it's expensive. But I liked this instructor and Lola reallllly wanted to go. So, we had a few extra $$ and happily if cautiously signed her up. I must admit that following directions is not something she cares very much about, probably enhanced by her sometimes-limited vision; it's hard for her to see the instructor and follow what he does. Mostly she just wants to get in there and expend her crazy revved-up energy with mats and other kids. I'm not sure we'll do this again until she's a bit older, but in she stays until she says she hates it or the teacher kicks us out.

My dad came back early from Europe with his brother - not sure why, haven't spoken to him yet to get the dirt.

And... I'm off to relax and sort diapers and a bit ol' load of laundry while everyone sleeps. Wish me at least 20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home