Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Is It Menomonie?

As I stand in the doorway, sleep deprived from the night before, generally unkempt in my Flying Spaghetti Monster sweatshirt, long underpants, unwashed hair, breakfast getting cold on the table, mushy bag in hand, I wonder:

"What kind of crazy person stops by a relative stranger's house at 8:00 in the morning for an indefinite and uninvited social visit, to give me a bag of Amish bread starter, chatting away, as Chris goes upstairs to shower, and I'm holding baby? With a self-invitation to come by again in the Spring when I start planting our garden?"

Isn't 8:00 kind of early for that? Would you do that? Is this a Menomonie thing?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What would I do? Gut reaction is probably something illegal :)

    However, being generally kind-hearted, I would have done just what do you, although perhaps also suggesting that 8am is not my best time for a re-visit. Some people just don't get it. Do you know this person? Was there any religion involved?

    Amish bread starter is a plus though :)

    Lynette

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't visit strangers and try not to do anything I don't have to at 8:00am.
    And in this city, I don't answer the door at 8:00am or most any time I'm not expecting someone. It's usually trouble.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, that was me.

    Jim

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Skim said…

    See, she used to live in *this* house. She was visiting our neighbor, and has expressed an interest in visiting me because my neighbor told her I was soooo cool. So of course I told my neighbor that she should stop by some time. But who the heck thinks 8:00 is reasonable for that? AND I have met her once, but Lola's sensitive-person radar went off that time and Lola cried her eyes out when this person came into our yard.

    No stalker, just not using common sense, I suppose. Isn't that response kind? See, I *am* becoming more mature.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kind. Yes. Very kind. I was sad I had to leave the scene but work waits for no one. Not even early morning visitors.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home