Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Planning ahead, patterns

Funny how February always brings the desire to plan out of the winter for me. This year, this means thinking about planting and our city garden. It also means thinking about my almost-4-year old's potty adventures, as she is moving into toileting and out of diapering. And it might mean car repairs (again...) with our tax refund. And maybe a visit with the grandparents. We'll see.

At any rate, today my knee is swollen and painful. This happens occasionally for no reason I can fathom, a random annoyance that makes stair climbing nearly an Olympic sport with the baby. At least Lola is at homeschool group today and I can rest a bit until they get home.

With my spare brain and quiet time I went over some of the pictures and letters P. sent me about Judy, my birth mom. And again I noticed different things that may not mean anything to you the way they affect me:
Judy died July 22, 1983.
Judy was born Feb. 12.
My first daughter was born Feb. 20, the same day as my adopted dad.
Her little ovum was fertilized (unknowingly) on the anniversary of Chris's mom's death.
Pearl was born on July 18, but her due date was the 22nd.
I started my period around a week or two of Judy's death.

Perhaps it's just my need to find patterns in everything, but it is kind of uncanny, a lot of it. I do feel that time overlaps, and that our ancestors, once dead, don't necessarily decay into just soil; I do believe in a kind of overlap between the living and the dead, and for me, this looks a lot like meaning. Ore perhaps it's like the rock (see issue 4) - if it is meaningful to me, then it does have meaning. Like religion, or spiritual beliefs, or ethics and morals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home