Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

the end of one man's life

We all survived Yule and Solstice and Christmas and the coming of the new calendar year. But my dad is not going to live long in to this new year. After a kind of lengthy kidney failure he has started hospice care, and will be there for a week or two, we think. I'm coming down with the family in the next couple of days to visit and lovingly hunker down at the end of one man's life.

Mostly I am glad there was no question from anyone in the family about honoring his wishes for hospice care. This is so different than his last hospital stay.

I've been asked to write his obituary. He wants a picture of the girls on his grave.

Wish us well.

If you would like to know more, please email me or call before Thursday morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    we are thinking of you all.
    much love,
    louise and family

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry for all involved. Give your dad and mom my best.

    Love,
    Jim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home