Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Waiting Again

The good news is that BIL is not getting laid off. The other news is that he is not able to get a loan until after the middle of December. So we wait until January to put our offer on the house, assuming it is still for sale then. The seller's employer is purchasing the house, though, and retaining their RE agent, so at least we know who to talk to.

In other news, Pearl woke up without nursing today! Hooray! And she is interested in how things die, if there is blood, and how they are killed (i.e., by a predator, by a person, etc.). As you might imagine, this makes for interesting conversation.

Dad is not doing so hot, but hanging in there. He and Mom are going to start him on dialysis soon... I don't wish that on anyone for any reason, but as my mom says, it's that or death - with the assumption that death is the absolute worst thing that could happen. And who am I to determine that for anyone else? But I will say this: quality of life is something that you have to be ready for, bad or good. The consequences of our acts of living are many times irreversible, but not always tragic, and certainly not (nor am I arguing that they should be) for the benefit of others. I hope that I can support my parents through this difficult time. And SIL made it through her surgery just fine, which of course takes a lot of worry away from my brother and my parents.

All in all, we are just sitting and waiting for the move. I am decluttering slowly, looking for ways to get rid of stuff now instead of January when it's really cold and with snow. I have gotten anal about budgeting because someone has to do it - and Chris is thankful. Retraining the adults about spending money is more difficult than I imagined. And we are frugal! But frugal as we are, we are not very disciplined about spending; or rather, both of us are not very disciplined about spending. It's not that bad, but breaking in new habits is a challenge.

And this is my 200th post! Lucky you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home