Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Friday, October 03, 2008

money stress

Now BIL might get laid off. We don't have enough money to get us through our gas and non-food purchases this month because Chris worked fewer hours in September. And I had to go to the food pantry today to make sure we had food after tomorrow - because I just won't go into debt to buy food. Ah, the hidden costs of traveling to see my parents... And you don't want to know about the quality of food at the pantry. But at least we aren't going to be hungry. Hooray!

Hopefully it will be a little better next month. But we still can't get some of the things we need for the girls. And, if you have a non-rusty dutch oven you're not using, send it my way, OK? If I had one, I could bake no-knead bread (my wrists are trashed from office and temp work many years ago) and not have to buy it! I hate the teflon factor of bread machines. It's another of those popular but toxic products of this modern life we try to do without.

Hey, I learned today that we make about a third of the income considered poverty level for a family of four. How about that?

And yes, even though we are trying to get the money from Tata's dad's estate, we don't have it yet. We are broke until then, and even then every penny has to go to support the family/house/move/future. I'm not feeling too hopeful, and wondered if I need to be on the christmas gift lists at the local food pantry.

Bleh. Off watch some bad movie or other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home