Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Feeling the love

It's the night before Christmas and I actually don't feel too bad!

The house is relatively free of sickness, thankfully. We are rested, fed, and not too cranky. There are gifts for the kids and a tree too. We celebrated the Solstice with sun art and cookies, and Chris is planning something to gift me....

I hate the gimme aspect of our dominant culture, but I love giving personal, thoughtful gifts to friends and family. There is little to compare to the feeling of receiving something you love and/or really need from someone who cares about you and your well-being. So, this year I feel like total crap that I couldn't get anything together for my partner. Nothing! It's like my brain went on overload thinking of things to do with and for the kids, getting a gift together for my parents, sharing the love with everyone else. So poor Tata - he'll have to settle for just me.

I will be thinking about replenishing things I can do for my man, and maybe won't be posting any of that on here. If it's not x-rated, you'll get to hear about it.

Merry Christmas, and thanks to everyone who has shared a little bit of themselves with us this year. I really am feeling the love.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We love you mama!

    Expect a visit soon. We are on VACATION! and we love it.

    Louise

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Skim said…

    Hooray!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I think Mama will do just fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home