Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

I guess then it's full-assed...

I've got my homemade hot cocoa/cinnamon, piece of paenut butter toast, a little time without children, and yet still am in need of some serious sleep, but it's totally chill compared to where we've been recently.

Pearl is so much better! After the awful, awful time of vomiting blood every 15-20 minutes, then vomiting blood less often, then only vomiting breastmilk once an hour, then only vomiting once again, she is simply, grandly, gleefully recovering her strength and appetite. Her stomach lining was so irritated it bled a lot, and all the bleeding was evidently old blood produced from the irritation of the mystery virus. No fever, no diarrhea, no other symptoms but horrible vomiting and the lethargy of the very sick.

I got a bit of sleep last night, as did Pearl. The relief after sickness is nothing to be trifled with. What is it about internal bleeding that just puts me into a panic? I suppose it's the hidden nature of disease/injury. If I can't see it, I can't fix it. And since she can't describe it I just have to go on what I see and sense with her. Ugh. At least Chris is here, and is wonderful. No one runs a sick house like Tata! All the pukey stuff washed, beds for him and Lola set up in another room from Pearl and me, breakfast on demand, coffee made in the morning, whatever we need he does it. For everyone. Without grumbling, even. While I hold a sick, sleepy baby that can't be moved and needs to be held in order to sleep at all. Everyone deserves a man like him, even us.

In other news, I continue to wonder how the hell I'm gonna finish mama. So much is done, but so much keeps getting in the way of completion. I know it will come out, but it's like moving mountains this time. I've already done some rethinking about the edge of hella fun and want to focus on things that really are fun. I think it's healthy and funny and something I might need a little practice writing. But don't worry - I can't escape my own personality and there will definitely be a bit of the Dark Side in this issue.

Finally saw The Life Aquatic and dang if I don't love it. Bill Murray doing his little hip gyrating is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen in half a year. Maybe a whole year, I don't know. It made me want to compile a list of movies I'd like to own - which will be forthcoming here and probably in mama.

Thanks for everyone's concern with Pearl and her super-intense sickness. She doesn't do anything half-assed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home