Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Monday, December 04, 2006

blah blah blah helping blah blah blah

Pearl has decided to start using the potty to pee! Hooray! It also means dealing with her intense disappointment when we can't make it to the potty for one reason or another. After a sibling at the extreme other end of the potty learning spectrum, call me shocked.

Have you checked out Mothering's Holiday Helper thing yet? Huh? There are soooo many families in need this year. I'm sure you know of some kid who would like to send some of their gently used stuff to another kid who really needs it, no? What about some mama-sized clothes in good condition? Work clothes? Socks? If so, then all you gotta pay for is the shipping. Email me if you want more info about how it works, because I am trying to find as many helpers as possible for all of the Families in Need this year.

And hey, if you owe me a letter or pictures of your kids or something, do it now! I need to hear from you.

AND Lola officially likes Star Wars. Woo hoo everyone, bring out the popcorn.

And do check out David Sedaris, if you haven't already. His writing makes me laugh 'til I cry. Almost as much as when Chris was recently overheard saying "Now go upstairs and start pooping!!"

There is light, friends. I can see it. And I think next year will have big changes for us all.

mama is coming... keep checking in!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good potty news is good news indeed. Here's some pics of my kids http://angstzeit.livejournal.com/172196.html#cutid1. This is not Sparkey's favorite time of year but he's an outside cat so he just takes what comes. Wish I could do the same. Imagination is certainly a double edged sword.
    Did I ever point you to my alter-ego on LJ? http://this-is-grand.livejournal.com/. I've started forcing vaguely funny out of my head again. It's not as easy as it looks on TV. But what is?
    How does one tell ones thoughts from the Goddess's?

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously that was me.

    Jim

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I even laughed after I said it. Some things just come out during a heated parental moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home