Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sick but not pathological

So we have all been crappy sick for days. It's been well over a week that no one has had any kind of contagious, wearying, hacking, feverish, or other cold-related symptom(s). And in that time, we've had shitty kitty spayed, discovered her lingering gut issues, and figured out that we are beyond broke and don't really know how we are going to pay for all the stuff that needs to be paid. You know, little things like state and federal taxes. All said, we're not the happiest bunch.

And there are other family issues which should have been business issues a year ago that are just now getting ugly. And that little ambiguity is all I'll say about that.

But the good news is that I no longer feel completely overwhelmed. I must be on the mend, even though day three of 2 hours of sleep [Pearl doesn't really sleep when she has nighttime fevers] looms large this evening. It's almost Spring, the birds are so busy - eagles and hawks and the local blue jays and crows all pairing off and preparing to make more of themselves. The snow has started to melt. There was even a day I went outside without a jacket [!] and wasn't too cold. I suspect I'll be taking Pearl with me on treks on the land out here; we recently had a little adventure on an afternoon I was really too sick to be out but felt sorry for her being cooped up so long.

Oh well. See my next entry for my next request...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home