Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

We have a new kitten, but I can't post pics here for some godforsaken reason, and I'm too busy and tired to learn why, so you'll just have to imagine what she looks like. Her name is Rose and she is about 5 months old now and cute and busy and gray with tabby stripes and a tail tip that's oh, dusty rose. The girls are simply in love, and we like her too. Except her runny shit, which happens several hours after she scavenges anything off the floor, table, chairs or rugs. She is especially and exceptionally lactose intolerant. I am so done with the smell of runny cat shit.

In other news, Pearl just got taller and she's talking everyone's ears off. In sentences and paragraphs, no less. My amazing 2.5 year old continues to amaze friends and strangers alike in her communication abilities. She loves the kitty, too, but hasn't learned how to be careful yet. This makes for many interesting comments from me: "We don't pull the kitty by her fur, honey"; "No petting the kitty with your feet!"; "Kitties don't like to be pushed from the top of the stairs. They can get really hurt and then you can't play with her any more" etc. etc. I never thought I'd have to deal with typical 2yo behavior, but guess I can now join the ranks of the crazy-moms-who-ineffectively-resort-to yelling-more-than-they'd-like-to-admit crowd.

And I am in need of some good musical suggestions. Please share yours with me!

And it's frightfully cold and beautiful here tonight. Wind chill is supposed to get down to about 40 below 0. I love Wisconsin.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely transition from flowers and ponys to smelly poo. I love it! Ah, and don't forget the little dollops occasionally left for us.

    Love Tata

     

Post a Comment

<< Home