Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Super Star

My parents are visiting now, arriving a little early yesterday. I've had just one thing after another these last several days - inspections, unexpected construction on the house, parents visiting... But when they visit, they do come bearing gifts. Yesterday it included clothing from my anti-favorite super store, wal-mart. Sigh. They're absolute favorite.

The outfit they bought for Lola was a sweatshirt that had sparkly stars (good) and the words "I wanna be a Super Star" (sigh). Normally I would just exchange or get a refund for that kind of crap but Lola liked its pinkness and stars. I read the words to her and she asked what they meant. So of course I asked her what she thought. She answered, while tumbling on the bed:

"Maybe it means I want to fill up the whole sky!!!"

How can I give *that* away?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is heartachingly beautiful.
    What a sweet girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home