Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Birthday Eve

I'm so pleased to inform you that people are actually planning on showing up to my party. Guess I'll have to actually clean house now... So tomorrow I am officially 37, and I will eat yummy pierogis with my friends and good acquaintances. Let's hope that the weather holds, the kids stay chill, and the food never runs out.

Speaking of food, the deer ate the three growing tomatoes at the top of my elberta girl plant the other morning. Just what they could nibble through my crazy barricade: plastic "flags" dangling from two-tiered twine above the chicken wire fence, and lawn chairs strategically placed around the perimeter for the best effect. It's kept them out of the garden enough that the bush beans are going on a second round of flowering (!), and the tomatoes are producing a lot of flowers. The plants also love the compost I added recently. Plus, the bees finally found my zucchini, and I've got a few growing as I write this post. Aha!

Can't wait to show you pictures of my giant sunflowers, too. Will take some soon and share. In the mean time, you can enjoy this one of the girls yelling in sync.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home