Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

tides

It appears that the tides in my life are ready to change. At least, it feels that way. And if it feels that way, it probably will, no?

Money, as always, leads everything. We just paid off the car with our refund check. Barring other emergencies, we'll have a bit left over for savings. !!

Chris just got a promotion to manager. This means $2 more per hour, and since he's co-managing, he won't have to work tons of crappy shifts. It does mean his brain will be fuller, but not to overflowing. This means a little extra for us after our food stamps decrease and our rent increases. having a little less debt helps tremendously.

And I'm trying to cultivate gratitude, or at least recognizing where the love is by loving what I have and who is with me. It's kind of like hiking on a paved trail - it's not exactly natural, but the trees and bushes and river around it still support life.

The next issue of mama is on its way, but not done yet. It may not even be done until May, but whatever. I'm letting that go.

My seeds came yesterday, too! Ooooh, thinking about dirt and green and seedlings is soul-enriching. I can barely wait to bring everyone outside, turn the soil, pull last year's plants, get it all going on. And buy the fencing to keep those damned rabbits and deer out of my beans.

And my folks are coming to visit Thursday. Wish us all peace and luck.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Y'all didn't tell me that Chris got promoted. How exciting.

    Ps are your parents going to be there all weekend? We would love to see you.
    Louise

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you're having "fun" with the folks.
    Talk about tides. I've been hit with a tsunami. A few taps on my computer and I have unleashed the craziest thing ever to happen in my life. I have been proclaimed to be the most popular American among LiveJournal users in former Soviet countries. And considering the number of comments I've gotten, I believe it. Check out http://angstzeit.livejournal.com/94938.html. And I've got hundreds of more comments on other posts.
    At first it was kind of scary but I've met some cool people and am taking it all in stride.
    I've never been popular before. Definitely not THIS popular.
    Anyway, stay well and hugs to all.

    Jim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home