Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Shake it, baby

It feels like a million years since my last post, but I'm still here in the midst of family. The kids are all finally free of sickness (knock on wood), Chris is still working too much, and I'm still not sleeping enough. However - we have a beautiful crock pot given to us by a dear friend, we have a little extra money, and I'm working on visualizing big dreams for the coming year. There must be room for my writing in there somewhere, but so far I haven't found it.

The rains have come, and the snow is almost completely melted. We're fast approaching mud season, the season of dreary skies and cranky children and mamas tired of cleaning things. But I hear there are crocuses in Eau Claire, sprouting already, green buds from the cold ground. I see leaf buds on the trees outside our bedroom window. I feel myself growing out of our house, wishing for a real plot to garden in, without next door neighbors, without all those other messy humans getting in my way, stealing my oxygen [name that reference!], walking through our yard, oblivious to our need for privacy. I also feel the need for more mama nurture time, things I can do to feel more energy, that replenish my well. I'm trying - but it's difficult when I have no one but Chris close by to offer the kind of relief I need.

One of the things I'm planning for this year is a close by mama friend. Someone who shares enough parenting and personal values that we can have interesting discussion and share childcare occasionally. Someone whose children get along with my children, whose ideas about the world don't include supporting the state-sanctioned killing of complete strangers half a world away, who's confident in her child raising choices, who can take my kind of opinionated, compassionate sass as well as give it back, who appreciates John Waters almost as much as I do, who enjoys South Park and Prodigal Summer. Someone who can teach me what I need to know about myself and parenting. Helloooooo....... If you are out there, I will find you! Bwahahahahahaha!

The trees are ready to grow. The grass has emerged. Heck, we heard thunder last night! It is time to shake the dew from this lily, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home