Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coming Out

Yesterday was National Coming Out Day, and it has passed by with no comment from me. Not because I wasn't thinking about my beautiful friends and your loved ones, not because you haven't supported me as unconditionally as I have supported you, not because you are somehow or in any way diminished by the crap dominant society throws at you in the guise of proper or expected behavior.

To all of my queer friends, I remember your coming out stories - for some I was there, for some it was already memory, for all it was yet another circumstance you had to navigate with your self in tact. Thank you all for sharing it with me. Your struggles and joy will forever mark me and shape my experience of love. Know that I continue to be inspired by you, even now. Especially now.

I love you all, and honor you. A day late, but no less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home