Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

rivers

After a few days of decline, Dad is still hanging in there but losing a lot of weight. He's not really eating, and can't really walk anymore, and his giant recliner has been replaced with a hospital bed. My brother has to carry him to the bathroom. He is sad, and tired, and sleeps a lot. He misses me, and asked me to pray for him.

I might be traveling south again soon. If so, I will try to post here before I leave.

He's lost 30 pounds in two weeks. I'm not sure what to expect. I just think of rivers - of time, of life, of water as the universal solvent.

He is 80. I wish him nothing but a peaceful end surrounded by family and a lack of misery. We should all be so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home