Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Useless mindless meanderings

We are closing on the house next week, the 26th. In a week!

All the inspections are done and we're good to go. Now we are packing, sorting, washing all of our dusty clothes and linens that have been in open crates for a year and a half. We have a lot of dust. A LOT.

It's also the height of tick season here and we are trying to keep the ticks out of our stuff. It never fails that I bring in one or two when I hang a load of laundry outside; and when I'm doing three loads a day I have to be vigilant. I find the dryer tends to help dislodge any ticks that feel like they need to be closer to the warm-blooded hairless mammals. Stragglers get the alcohol-filled jelly jar. I feel no remorse.

It's 75 today. I'm wearing a t-shirt with no jacket! It must really be Spring.

And Oh yeah, it's kind of a painful reality, but we legally married a year ago today. Pity us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home