Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ten years ago today

Ten years ago today I was finishing work and planning my party. I had invited the contributors to my zine to come hang out and play. I donned my sparkly silver, floor length, tight-fitting dress, knee-high lace up black boots, and put lots of braids in my hair. I rolled several cigarettes for the evening, drank a bit, and partied down. Then Tata and I went downtown to a friend's for another party so I could really be the Queen of Everything. We walked around, gawking at costumes, then came home. I don't remember, but I'm sure the rest is x-rated.

However, the whole evening, and even the day before, I was preparing myself to give up smoking cigarettes. I was determined to go out with a bang, to remember my last day of smoking by celebrating something - even if it was halloween.

The next morning, I woke up and didn't smoke cigarettes, or cigars, or any kind of tobacco ever again. It's been ten years and my lungs feel pretty darned good.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, for lungs!

    Jim

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And soooo much has happened in those ten years. Happy aniversary my darling!

    Smmmooooch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home