Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Huzzah. Zzzzz....

We're back.

Dad is better, but not home yet. Turns out the massive stroke diagnosis was thankfully premature; turns out it was an intercerebral hemorrage - which is something from which one can recover. Or however you spell that. I'm too tired to look it up. He's talking, walking with help and effort, and feisty as hell. Flirts with the nurses, forgets some things, but all in all not too bad. As Pearl would say, he's tough.

The girls and I logged 1,753 miles on my butt in that car, and we managed surprisingly well, I think.

I am beyond tired of dealing with the girls and everything and am about to go to bed. Kiss my sleepy head for me.

And oh yes - the cultural shock was profound this time. I'm so glad I left southern Illinois...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear your dad is better.

    Ah, Southern Illinois...

    Jim

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there. Good to hear your dad is feeling better than expected and that you're home and in tact. Hope your parents figure out how to manage this latest hurdle.

    Yes, So-Ill is hard to take in large doses....and you weren't really as far south as you could have been (eeks). The irony is that it is also such a beautiful place geographically down towards Makanda/Golcanda/Giant City, etc. I could just never ever stand to live there.

    Glad you're back.

    --Lynette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home