Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Another Darned Post About How Hard It Is

I thought I had met my wits' end before, but I discovered an even longer highway to hell this morning.

Today, after a night of the same, Pearl cried, fussed and/or screamed every time she nursed (or was put on the boob), every time she went to sleep, every time she woke up, every diaper change, every time her poor tender gums ached. Man! This afternoon I put her in the sling to try and get her to sleep and my only thought was "I'm so happy I don't have to hold a screaming baby." Immediately after that I was simply happy her screams and sobbing were well-muffled by all that fabric.

Then, after some intense crying, she fell fast asleep.

Mamas, do I need to tell you how good it feels when your entirely miserable baby finally conks out peacefully?? I got a good hour and a half of quiet baby, of playing with Lola, and a short waslk around the block. I could talk and think. As in a cheesy movie, I noticed all the colors of the world, the warm day, the doomed lone butterfly. Like R. says, sometimes it takes someone else's crankiness to get what you need. So far, every time, he's been right.

At least she's sleeping now.

And on another note - have you read fourlittlebirds' blog yet? Her stuff about birth is so wonderfu. Go there now.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I just found you! Thanks for the compliment. :D

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did not know. Talk about feeling pressured

     

Post a Comment

<< Home