Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Day of the Dead

Went walking in the woods today with the kiddies. As we went down the hill, the wind blowing, I stopped suddenly.

"Listen!", I said. "Do you hear the wind whispering?"

And the wind rustled all the dried leaves in the oak trees around us. It was beautiful.

"Yes," Lola answered. She stopped for a good 5 seconds, listening intently.

"What is it saying?" I asked.

Thinking, she answered, smiling, "Whoooosh!!"

Now to make tempeh and set up our altar. Maybe I can get cookies baked...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved this post. The wind whispering, the altar, the cookies. Makes me want to come over to your house. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home