Mama's Big Ol' Blog

My old blog. Like nostalgia for the old mama over here.

Monday, April 02, 2007

the lord didn't hand pick ME, or asshats and religious mods

I've been visiting MDC a lot less these days, because of the growing conservatism, censorship and asshat-ness [sure that's a word!] of the mods, policies, and members. In fact, the recent exclusion of birthmoms and adoptees from the Adoption forum has gotten me utterly pissed. And to top it all off, the mod who made the rules for the forum put in a poem about picking up your child for adoption at the airport and how "the lord hand-picked" him for the adoptive family.

I was neither hand-picked, nor hand-picked by "the lord" for my adoptive family. Not being a lord-follower, I just don't get why MDC needs to have that bit in there.

It is insulting to prioritize the needs of the adoptive parents over birthmoms and adoptees. At what point are the needs of birthmoms and adoptees as valued as the new family? The myth of the clean slate is getting really old.

Whatever, though. As the world goes, so does Mothering. I'm just pissed.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seems like lots of people are reading the "Lord's" mind these days. Seems a bit odd how one-sided it is, though. The Lord hand pickin' chillens, and blessing people with all kinds of stuff. I don't hear much "Lord musta really wanted your mom dead." "The Lord hand picked you for stage 4 cancer."
    I wonder if the Lord hand picked those foster homes where the kids get beaten and emotionally abused? I'll have to ask one of these mind readers.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was me.

    Jim

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me love this quote:
    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

    Susan B. Anthony


    Jim

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My two small dictionaries don't have asshat in them. But, my really big dictionary has something close.

    Asshead / assheadedness (no joke).

    A stupid, doltish person; blockhead

    This is from my Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, 1994 edition.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The OED agrees. Ass-head--A stupid fellow, a blockhead. First citing: 1550 BALE Apol. 61 O absolute ass-heade..and wytlesse ydyote.

    Jim

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ydyodte!

    I love it. Thank you for your contributions, Oh mighty Jim.

    -Kim

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anything for my favorite mama!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anything for my favorite mama!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home